Do you know the biggest threat to your multifamily investments? It’s not a market crash or a natural disaster, it’s something much closer to home.
In this episode, Patrick is joined by Marc Ness, Founder of WeatherShield. Marc is a construction expert with 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, who will reveal the hidden storm damage threat that could cost you your investments and the secret to protecting them.
Marc is a seasoned expert in the property insurance claims and construction industry, with a background that spans over two decades. He grew up in central Iowa where he developed a love for construction and worked in lumber yards and construction companies before starting his own construction company while in college.
After working for one of the top 5 insurance carriers for almost 20 years, Marc went on to oversee operations for a commercial roofing company, where he saw first-hand the challenges that multifamily and commercial real estate investors face in their investment and asset management strategies. Marc recognized a gap and created WeatherShield, a company that helps investors and property managers avoid making costly mistakes related to storm damage.
Here are some of the topics covered in this episode:
- Why multifamily investors and property managers seem lack awareness the resulting effects of storm damage.
- What things need to be considered if someone thinks they have storm damage and are considering filing a claim.
- The biggest opportunities being missed by multifamily investors.
- Common mistakes real estate investors and property managers make when it comes to managing storm damage risk.
- The importance for investors to have a thorough evaluation of their properties by someone trained in storm damage evaluations.
- Overview of WeatherShield and it’s helping the industry, how to learn more and how to get in touch with Marc.
Make a Connection:
Marc Ness: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marc-ness-101bbb7a/
Patrick Antrim: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickantrim/
Multifamily® Innovation: https://www.linkedin.com/company/multifamilyleadership/