Discover the latest trends disrupting the multifamily industry. Explore cutting-edge technology innovations such as smart home solutions and AI-powered leasing that will shape the future of apartments in 2022.
Discover the transformative power of AI-powered virtual assistants in our latest blog post. From Siri to Alexa, we explore their rising popularity and game-changing capabilities within the world of technology.
Welcome to the newest episode of The Multifamily Innovation® Podcast, your go-to platform for gaining an edge in the multifamily apartment industry. This episode is hosted by Patrick Antrim, the Founder, and CEO of Multifamily Leadership. In this episode, we are excited to share some key announcements and introduce our guest, Steve Jarvis, the CEO of CredHub.
We’re delighted to announce that the planning for the Multifamily Innovation Summit is in full swing. This event is a gathering of multifamily investors, developers, operators, and third-party managers committed to driving innovation within the industry. Registration is now open, and you can register today at MultifamilyInnovation.com.
Among our exciting line-up of activities, we have the Multifamily Innovation Awards show, celebrating categories from the esteemed Best Places to Work Multifamily® to the Multifamily Innovation® Bootstrapper award. Our Innovation Showcase, exclusive talks with the Multifamily Innovation Council, and high-level networking events are also not to be missed.
If you’re an owner or operator of 1,500 units or more, be sure to check out the Multifamily Innovation® Council. This initiative is not just about technology; it focuses on the processes, leadership, and innovation necessary to enhance business performance.
In this episode, we’re thrilled to welcome Steve Jarvis, the CEO of CredHub. Steve has an impressive background in travel, having worked for Expedia and Alaska Airlines, always being on the cutting edge of technology. His present focus is on CredHub, a company dedicated to reducing rent delinquency and providing substantial value to residents.
- Patrick and Steve delve into Steve’s experience at Expedia and Alaska Airlines and his leadership role in digital transformations.
- They discuss the mission and benefits of CredHub and how it’s reshaping the property management sector within the multifamily industry.
- Patrick and Steve examine the opportunities for the apartment industry to adapt to emerging technologies, referencing Steve’s experiences in large legacy brands.
- Steve explores the challenges and solutions for catalyzing business innovation within established multifamily companies.
- The episode includes an in-depth Q&A with Steve, where we explore his journey from Alaska Airlines and Expedia to co-founding CredHub, discuss the challenges he faced while leading digital transformations, talk about his approach at CredHub, and probe his thoughts on how to encourage innovation in the multifamily industry.
Thank you for tuning in to The Multifamily Innovation® Podcast. We look forward to bringing you more insightful conversations and innovative insights in future episodes.
Patrick Antrim: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickantrim/
Steve Jarvis: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sbenjarvis/
Steve’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CredHub Phone: (833) 888 2733
The Multifamily Innovation® Show brings you the latest insights and strategies to help you succeed in the multifamily real estate industry.
Our guest for this episode is Briant Carcamo. He’s the Co-CEO of Vizibly and a seasoned real estate professional with an impressive track record in revenue management, budgeting, and business intelligence at some of the largest multifamily property management firms, including Steadfast and Greystar.
In this episode, Patrick and Briant discuss:
- How the collision Briant brings with Silicon Valley and an inside knowledge of the realities of putting deals together has helped him build Vizibly.
- What inspired Briant to create a decision intelligence platform for multifamily property owners.
- Who this product is for and how it impacts multifamily productivity and efficiency.
- How Vizibly helps property owners manage their investments.
- The features, benefits, and unique attributes of Vizibly.
- What multifamily property owners are saying about Vizibly, how they're benefitting from the technology, and how they've been successful with implementation.
- What's in store for Vizibly in the future, challenges faced while developing the software, and Briant's advice for property owners looking for multifamily financial budgeting tools.
For the Multifamily Innovation Summit: https://multifamilyinnovation.com/tickets
As an owner or operator of an apartment building, there are many important factors to consider when evaluating a potential acquisition. One often overlooked area is the property’s risk of storm damage and the importance of understanding its insurance claims history. This is where due diligence comes in, and why it’s crucial to have experts on your side.
Many buyers focus solely on the financials of a potential acquisition, but neglect to investigate the property’s insurance claims history. This can be a costly mistake, as storm damage can result in significant expenses that can eat into profits. However, by thoroughly examining the multifamily property’s claims history, owners and operators can identify unreported or uncovered claims that can provide the funds needed for capital improvements.
This is where having experts in your corner, such as our client WeatherShield, can be invaluable. These experts can help owners and operators navigate the complex world of insurance claims, ensuring that all claims are properly reported and that the maximum amount of funds are recovered.
“You would never want to go into an insurance claim on a high-dollar value property without an expert that understands damage identification. Someone who understands the insurance processes, the estimating, the evaluation, and how to handle large-scale commercial projects,” says Founder of WeatherShield, Marc Ness.
In addition to the potential for hidden capital improvement dollars, owners and operators need to be aware of the risk of storm damage to their property. This is especially important in areas prone to hurricanes, tornadoes, or other severe weather events. Understanding the property’s risk of storm damage and taking steps to mitigate that risk, such as reinforcing the building’s envelope or installing storm shutters, can help prevent damage and ensure that the property remains safe for its residents.
In the event that damage does occur, having experts on your side can be crucial in ensuring that the insurance claims process goes smoothly. This can be a complex and time-consuming process, but with the help of experts, owners and operators can recover the funds needed to make necessary repairs and improvements.
Due diligence is a critical part of the acquisition process for apartment building owners and operators. Understanding the property’s risk of storm damage and thoroughly examining its insurance claims history can help identify hidden capital improvement dollars and prevent costly surprises down the road. Additionally, having experts on your side can ensure that the insurance claims process goes smoothly, providing the funds needed to make necessary repairs and improvements. By prioritizing due diligence and partnering with experts, owners and operators can make informed decisions and protect their investments.
Connect with Marc Ness on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marc-ness-101bbb7a/
Visit the WeatherShield Website for more information: https://weathershieldpro.com/