Today, we will explore a whole new set of questions for how we maximize leasing operations. Our guest today is Larry Gorman, Senior Technology Executive. Larry has 25 years experience in the multifamily industry and currently serves as the President for LeaseHawk.
Larry builds and leads teams to drive business value through the innovative use of technology.
Prior to LeaseHawk, Larry served as Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for Invitation Homes, the largest owner/operator of single-family homes for lease in the United States.
Larry led multiple technology initiatives as part of a $20 billion merger with Starwood Waypoint Homes, delivering a unified platform for managing the business-critical operations of an 80,000-property portfolio across 17 markets in the United States.
As the Chief Technology Officer of Starwood Waypoint Homes, Larry led the technology team that pioneered the use of smart home technology in the single-family residential space.
Prior to his role at Starwood Waypoint Homes, Larry served in multiple technology leadership roles at Choice Hotels International, one of the largest lodging franchisors in the world.
He led efforts to create the hospitality industry’s first large-scale, cloud-based property management system used by thousands of hotels in North America, Europe, and Australia, and was instrumental in bringing this platform to the broader hospitality market as a co-founding leader of SkyTouch Technology.
Topics of Discussion:
- What you never thought about the future of leasing
- The evolution of the leasing role
- Exploring the parallels between the multifamily and hospitality industries
- The evolution of users completing everything online (travel plans, banking, finding a home, etc.)
- How a leasing agent’s biggest fear can actually be their greatest opportunity
- Why teams should embrace technology to gain efficiency in their operations
- Demystifying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and how it can be used to gain prospects
- How to lease 24/7 without depending on a human being